The ReStore continues to grow and develop. If you haven’t been to the new location, make sure to stop by and give it a look. Thursdays 12 -6 and Fridays from 12-5 and 10-1 on Saturday. We are still making improvements and getting everything organized but believe you will be impressed with our new space. Likewise, if you have never donated before, consider giving us a call if you have appliances, furniture, or household odds and ends and we’ll be happy to come take them off your hands! We’ll even give you a donation receipt for tax season!
If you would like to donate an item, give us a call at (573) 651-9080.
Check back to this page often for information on new inventory and specials!
Position Title: Donations Manager / Assistant Store Manager
Reports Directly To: ReStore Manager
Send Resume: email@example.com
Basic Function: Manage the donations and the donation process from beginning to end, including donor leads, evaluation of donations, pricing of donations, scheduling, logistics, procurement, and follow up. Assist the ReStore Manager with all PR, Marketing, and Advertising functions of the ReStore.
• Commitment and Understanding of the Habitat Program
• Detail oriented
• Strong customer service skills
• Flexible in dealing with an ever changing donations
• Analyze potential donations and impact of procurement to the net profit
• Research listings of manufacturers, distributors, and vendors of product for potential donations
• Keep record of number of cold calls, donor contacts per month
• Attend trade shows to learn about new materials and meet prospective vendors
• Follow guidelines for acceptable donations
• Place follow-up calls/send Thank You’s to potential/actual donors to maintain strong donor relationships
• Manage the donation department
• Assist with the marketing of the ReStore
• Build a quality base of donors
• Logistics and planning
• Other tasks as required by the ReStore Manager
• Opening and closing of the ReStore for scheduled daily hours – Daily sales/cash register reconciliation and deposits.
• Assist ReStore Manager in developing and implementing marketing and public relations campaigns for increasing donations and sales.
• Oversee display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with Warehouse Manager to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
• Creating and implementing an ongoing public relations campaign to highlight the many features of the store; to create a place for the store in the community.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Sales experience preferred
• Management experience preferred
• A full understanding of ReStore merchandise and operations
• Valid Driver’s License
• Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Estimated Time Commitment: 40 hours/week
Level of authority: Minimal supervision